1/09/2014

FROM RINOS STREET TO ES STRASSE

FROM RINOS STREET TO ES STRASSE ( by NIKOS DIMOU )

  An emigrant's homesickness takes various forms. Mine was palatable. Some people longed for the sun, others the people-I didn't have such obsessions.
  I could find the sun in other Mediterranean countries. It was the same sun , no matter if it didn't wear a national emblem. But I couldn't find the bitterness of the horta ( greens ) anywhere.
 Although I belong to the cosmopolitans of gastronomy and I enjoy tasting various and exotic dishes, my secret homeland is my childhood. ( Maybe this happens due to the deepest ralationship I had with my mum, which was expressed with cooking... ). I felt the same thrill, that others feel when they get in touch with national emblems, when my mother send me fried fish with wild horta with a TAE pilot.
  And whenever I returned to Greece, my national comeback became with lahanodolmades ( stuffed cabbage leaves with minced meat ), with any kind of ladera dishes ( dishes cooked with olive oil ) and undeviatingly parsley salad.

1. Who is the author of " From Rinos to Es Strasse"?
a. Odysseas Elytis
b. Nikos Dimou
c. Nikos Kazantzakis
d. Kostas Varnalis

2. What does the hero of the story miss?
a. greek salad
b. fish
c. horta
d. olive oil

3. The hero of the story enjoys ..........
a. travelling
b. tasting dishes
c. visiting museums
d. taking photos

4. What does he eat when he comes back to Greece?
a. steaks
b. lahanodolmades
c. pasta
d.soup

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario